With 2012 wrapping up, I’m dedicating the next couple of days to top 10s to summarize my year.
Let’s start with my newest obsession: Pinterest. Here are some of my favs from the last few months. (I joined back in September or so and have 650 pins. Yikes!)
10) White Chocolate topped Gingerbread Cookies ended up being my most popular baked treat this year. Will definitely have to repeat these next year.
9) Apple Pie Cocktails: Mix 5 parts cold cider with 1 part vanilla vodka in a pitcher. Dash of cinnamon. Add more vodka if necessary. (We did.) Yum!
8) 8 Can Taco Soup (no coincidence): We got our canned goods at Trader Joe’s in order to avoid preservatives and whatnot. It tastes like Tortilla Soup and warms up nicely in a crock pot in 2 hours.
7) Reinbeers. A fun gift to give and receive. (I couldn’t find the original source, but they are pretty easy to make.)
6) Peacock Make Up: Part of the reason I joined Pinterest was to find make up ideas for my Halloween costume. If only I had known…
5) This cat.
4) This chicken dinner. The link didn’t work, but the instructions were posted. (Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast, 1/2 c parmesan cheese,1 c Greek yogurt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt 1/2 tsp pepper, spread mix over chicken breasts, bake at 375 45 min.)
3) This under-the-sink storage idea, which the hubs is apparently building for me this weekend. Woot!
2) A “clean” banana bread recipe that was modified to make even more diabetes friendly.
And my favorite for the year?
1) Something that must absolutely go in a future nursery some day. (If I can find it.)