Recently various petitions have been circulating the Diabetes Online Community, so today let’s pretend to write our own. Tell us who you would write the petition to – a person, an organization, even an object (animate or inanimate) – get creative!! What are you trying to change and what have you experienced that makes you want this change?
I’ve heard of all of these petitions. Since I don’t follow them all regularly and I’m not sure that they actually make a difference unless you proposition the US Government directly, I’m just going to be silly on this one.
RE: The Effects of Pizza has on Blood Sugar Readings
We, the undersigned wish to prod the makers of pizza everywhere come up with a consistent recipe that does the following:
– Allows people with all forms of diabetes to enjoy a slice, or 5, of the cheesy doughy goodness without careful calculation.
– Allows for one type of crust (New York style, of course!) so that all people with diabetes can enjoy without consequence.
– Streamlines the carb counting process by setting a universal value for each slice size, which would only require one bolus amount at the time of consumption.
– Toppings and other considerations would not be held against the above carb count.
– Pizza digestion would occur in a timely manner so that one insulin dosage may cover its effects in its entirely, rather than requiring said correction boluses up to 2 to 12 hours later. (I don’t care that it’s not scientifically feasible… just make it happen, people!)
This isn’t really much, is it? Come on science fiction fans. Get to work.
2 thoughts on “Pizza My Heart”
Yes, just yes!