Some bullet points for this Friday.
- I feel like I’m slowly deteriorating. Last night, I left job 2 early and seriously considered crawling into bed at 9:30 pm. But forced myself to stay awake a little longer so I could visit with my hubby, who I hadn’t seen since Wednesday night. Between wanting to hide under the desk at work and take a nap and the epic lows that just don’t seem to quit, I’m feeling rather beat down. In fact, our studio director, who returned yesterday from maternity leave, made the comment that I looked like I could fall asleep standing up. Yeah… I’d say it sucks to be a female every so often.
- I’m at the point where a juice box, 4 glucose tabs, a Cliff bar with 18 grams of carbs, and 2 Starbursts don’t bring me out of the 60s in 30 minutes. How I managed to count the studio’s cash last night is beyond me. And when I felt safe enough to bolus for the added snack, I dropped to 56 three hours later.
- Before you start urging me to pee on a stick, apparently early symptoms of pregnancy and PMS are very similar. Before I got put on the Pill, I used to get so sick, I’d have to skip classes. My blood sugar control wasn’t even close to what it is now. The only sure sign, I’ve been told, of being knocked up is that missed cycle. Which isn’t due yet…. But I really wish it would make up its mind.
- To add to my misery this week, I got a phone call from my insurance company that my former employer was no longer using them and that my medical benefits et al were cancelled effective June 1. Turns out, my old firm just switched vision and dental providers, but somehow this got translated into canceling the entire plan. It should all be worked out by the end of the day, but that’s not something I want to deal with right now.
- Today is also my last work day at the studio for two weeks. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some rest and work a more concrete schedule at my full time job… Which is proving to be an exercise in holding my tongue.
Hope this weekend is better. Happy Father’s Day to all the DOC dads and father figures and pet parents.