Happy Friday! I gain another level of perceived maturity on Monday (haha), so here is my Birthday Edition of Friday Five.
1) I actually started off my day pretty poorly. My (day 7) sensor finally failed me sometime in the middle of last night, leaving me with a fasting BG of 233. I finally bring myself to insert a new sensor into my thigh, which didn’t hurt much, but when it came to actually hooking up the transmitter, my green light of life WOULD NOT turn on. Great. After gearing myself up for this dramatic occasion, the sensor just doesn’t want to work. I finally head to work with my transmitter, hoping it just needed more time to marinate. It did. It’s working fine now.
2) As I’m getting older, I’m beginning to wonder if working in an office is really what I want to do for the rest of my life. Considering how bored and under-utilized I am now, I feel like I’d be better suited as an independent or consultant. But this would mean the end of group benefits and consistent pay to fund my medical condition. As it turns out, I’m not just chained to a desk for the rest of my life because I have no other talents, but because my life depends on it. I told the hubs that I was having a mid-life crisis and that he should watch out because I might come home with a Ferrari. He found me one on Amazon and said I could buy it.
3) Ever have those nightmares where you plan a party and no one actually shows up? That was me this morning. Might have had something to do with the fact that I almost got into a car accident on the way to work. And I have two meetings going on which I planned for this organization, alone, for the first time – and I’m not there to help fix things that go wrong. Luckily the only thing that has gone wrong thus far is paperwork. But still.
4) I really need a vacation. Again.
5) I told my swing instructor, finally, that my ballroom instructor and I wouldn’t be throwing together a swing routine any time soon, due to travel finances and that whole “I want a kid” thing. His response was “Babies are awesome! Please have one soon so I can play with him/her before and after our lessons. :D” Yes – I’ll get right on that. It made my day a little brighter nonetheless.
6 thoughts on “Friday Five – Super Birthday Weekend Edition”
I’ve noticed that it seems to take a little longer for the little green light to flash — and sometimes I think I missed it. But it eventually does. I’m honestly not sure if it means the sensor has found interstitial fluid or that the transmitter has found a sensor. Next time I’ll try to remember to plug the transmitter into the sensor before inserting (just briefly) to see what happens.
Amen to #2! When it comes to career ventures, I’m a coward. I just worry about not earning money to sustain my livelihood — or worse, losing it. The whole medical insurance thing further complicates it. Yet I know people who have done it and are successful.
Well, happy birthday to my twin! (Mine is Monday, too.) 🙂
Happy birthday!! Hope it was a great day 🙂
OK, so I definitely just said happy birthday to you twice 😛 I am catching up on August blogs today so I saw this and wished you happy birthday but then I went to the next article and realized I saw your minions last week and wished you happy birthday then! haha, just ignore me today 😛
No worries! I appreciate the lahv!