1) Hey – I have a Twitter account. You can follow me and it won’t be creepy. Sometimes I post there more often than I do here because it doesn’t require much thought. @seejendance or click the feed below.
2) Speaking of Twitter, I posted a question that I might have better luck getting answered here. I’m traveling for another swing convention this weekend and my sensor decided to go ape-shit crazy soon after I left the house. I really, REALLY need an accurate idea of what the ol’ BGs are doing during all the comps and late night dancing. But – I have this fine gauge, 1 inch long needle to somehow dispose of while not in the comfort of my own home. I didn’t bring a sharps container with me because that’s awkward. I did bring my old Safe-Clip (not this one exactly… the old orange ones.) What do you do with sharps when you travel?
3) There has been a large forest fire burning in Yosemite for the last couple weeks. It’s mostly affected Reno, parts of Tahoe, and other areas along the Cali/Nevada border in terms of smoke. However, my neck of the woods smells like a giant gas grill burning last week’s chicken. Plus it’s hot and humid. I’m very excited to be leaving promptly after work. I don’t think my allergies would hang very well.
4) Is isolationism really that bad? Maybe I should be moving the Switzerland. They have a better health care system, right? </semi political rant that isn’t safe anywhere on my Facebook wall>
5) Today, there was a “town hall meeting” in my neck of the woods for Covered California – an organization offering affordable health care options for the uninsured in California. I thought it was formed to comply with ACA, but I’m not so sure because it doesn’t mention anything about it on their website. Anyway – since health insurance is
the bane of my existence important to me, I decided to check it out and see what could be offered to me. In a nutshell, there are four plans available. If you make less than a certain amount of money per year, you could get access to cheaper plans, which are a lower monthly premium each month. However, you pay an arm and leg for appointments and prescriptions. The higher end plans have lower, more reasonable co-pays, but you’ll drop about $480 per month for that luxury. <sigh> Guess it’s group insurance for me and I’ll be holding on to this COBRA plan for as long as humanly possible.
Have a good, extended last weekend of Summer!
2 thoughts on “Friday Five: Extended Weekend Edition”
I’ve gotten in the habit of bringing an empty Glucose Tablet container (the ones that hold 50 tabs) with me on long trips. I’ll toss the sharp stuff in there and then transfer it to my regular sharps container when I get home.
And that’s exactly what I did when I discovered that the needle was too big to be chopped.