I used to write up a list of goals for the coming year. I did it because I hated resolutions and all their empty promises to do things better. Check-lists were much easier to maintain over “Lose 20 pounds! Quit drinking! Join a gym!”
However, I stopped doing check lists too because for about 3 check lists, I said I was going to paint our guest bathroom. That hasn’t happened yet. And probably won’t unless we remodel.
So what do I have to look forward in 2014?
– More family-in-law gripes about their now-expensive health care. (And me shaking my head because my 30 year old brother-in-law shouldn’t be considered their dependent.)
– A new insulin pump and CGM system – whichever brand I decide.
– No ballroom comps to speak of. I’m kinda done with the spandex costumes, which leaves room for…
– More west coast swing conventions. Looking to hit a few I missed last year due to finances and traveling to a few.
– Getting our studio’s ballroom program back on track with some pretty awesome marketing by moi!
– A new refrigerator! Which should be here tomorrow to replace our slowly dying model. First the water dispense goes, then it’s hot to touch, it makes weird noises AND the light in the fridge finally burned out.
– A new laptop! (Which showed up today!) This replaces my 7 year old model, which can’t keep a charge for more than 45 minutes, won’t recognize any USB devices larger than a wireless mouse, and sounds like it’s going to take off into space every time I edit photos.
– Maintenance of the 6.2% A1C without nightly visits to my new fridge to reach for yet ANOTHER 4 oz cup of OJ or AJ.
– Paying off my credit card from said expenses.
– Paying off our 2nd mortgage and legitimately owning 20% of our house.
– Possibly re-designing this blog a bit. Not sure. 🙂
Happy New Year!