1) Okay – maybe that’s a bit extreme. My blood sugars could have been a LOT worse yesterday than they were. I topped off at 303 mg/dl and kinda just stayed between 180 – 250 for the rest of the afternoon. I finally just over-bolused for my dinner and came safely back down to 80-ish by bedtime. However, it appears I still need more basal insulin in the early morning hours because my 3 am checks still yield results in the 160s. Sigh.
2) I fell asleep at 9:30 pm and missed all fireworks displays. I didn’t really care. Between my pain killers, the 100+ degree heat and humidity, and the fact that I watched the hubs run a 10K at 8 am that morning took a toll on my energy level for the whole day. Plus – all the food and wonky blood sugars? I was happy my 4th was fairly low-key.
3) I woke up from my slumber to discover that Medtronic has voluntarily recalled my model of pump reservoirs. But apparently not my Lot of supplies. Otherwise, I’d have to send in 7 boxes and play the waiting game. If you kick it old school and use a Medtronic Paradigm… check your boxes.
4) The studio hosts a contest every July to boost revenue and referrals. Everyone is put on a team and gets points for attending classes, bringing in new people, participating in special events, etc. I’m on the Blue Team this year. This makes Blue Fridays that much easier to participate in. I have lots of blue sparkles that I need to make use of.
5) My head made it through yesterday with little incident. (Sans the slight pressure I got when laying down to sleep on my right side.) My doctor follow up is today and I’ve been referred to get an MRI. The problem is that most of my triggers occur with loud noises. MRIs are very loud. Even with earplugs, I’m not really sure how I’m going to survive that 20 minutes.